|Amazing Grace Church
| Sincere@Milk ©
|As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow
1 Peter 2:2
|You alone are responsible for your life, but God has given you the Bible
to show you how best to live it. It is like an "owner's manual"
for life on Planet Earth. You can have the benefits of a long, full, and
meaningful life by following the supernatural wisdom of God. When you were
born-again, you became God's own special child. He loves you and wants
to provide for you and protect you. Knowing God is a lot different from
knowing about God. God is our own Heavenly Father, and He is never too
busy for His children. If you have been born-again, you can look forward
to eternity in Heaven with God. Because of what Jesus Christ did for you,
your eternity is secure. You have been set free to live life to the fullest.
Praise the Lord!
1) Everyone already knows there is a God. Romans 1: 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
2) God's ways are higher and different from ours Isaiah 55: 8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. 9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
3) It is a mistake to think that you are right and God is wrong. James 4: 6b God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.
4) If you really want to find God, you can. Jeremiah 29: 13....you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
5) If you really want to understand God, you can. Proverbs 2:3. Yes, if you cry after knowledge, and lift up thy voice for understanding; 4. If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; 5. Then shall you understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
6) God is eternal...he had no beginning and will have no end Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God.
7) Eternal life is a free gift from God. You cannot earn it. Ephesians 2: 8. For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
8) God saves us just because He wants to! 1 John 3:1a Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:
9) We don't keep rules in order to know God. Romans 6:14. ..sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
10) God loved us before we ever knew him. 1 John 4:19. We love him, because he first loved us.
11) God is one God, in three persons. This is called the Trinity. 1 John 5: 7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
12) God the Father is the planner. Ephesians 1:11b ...according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, (NIV)
13) Jesus Christ executes the plan. Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. John 1: 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14) The Holy Spirit reveals the things of God to us. 1 Corinthians 2: 10. But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
15) The Bible is given to us by God through the ministry of men. 2 Timothy 3: 16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
16) We can receive power from the Holy Spirit. Acts 1: 8a. But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:
17) The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. John 16: 13a. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
18) You are a spirit who has a soul and lives in a body. 1 Thessalonians 5:23b ...and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
19) As a Christian, you can use your intellect...and your spirit! Romans 8: 6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
20) Christianity is not a religion...it is a relationship with the living God. Romans 8: 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
21) Christianity is not a philosophy. Romans 1:16b cfor it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth
22) The Bible has an old and a new testament (covenant). We live in the new one. Hebrews 8: 6. But now has he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
23) The Bible was written to our heart. We can understand it. Proverbs 8: 5. O you simple, understand wisdom: and, you fools, be of an understanding heart.
24) Even a child can understand the basic message of the Bible. Matthew 19: 14. But Jesus said, Allow the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
25) The Bible is for our use while we are still on earth. 2 Timothy 2: 15. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
26) The Bible doesn't require our approval, (but God satisfies the intellect) 1 John 5: 9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he has testified of his Son.
27) Reading the Bible is like digging in a mine for precious jewels. Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that finds wisdom, and the man that gets understanding. 14. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things you can desire are not to be compared unto her.
28) The Bible is supernatural and is written to your "inner man". 1 Corinthians 2: 14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
29) The Bible is the Word of God. The Word of God is a person whose name is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. John 1:14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
30) The Bible is all Truth. Numbers 23:19a God is not a man, that he should lie;
31) If you want to profit, do the Word, don't just hear it. James 1: 22. But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
32) It is the knowledge of the truth that sets us free. John 8: 32. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33) Use scripture to interpret scripture...because truth cannot contradict itself. Proverbs 11:14b. ...but in the multitude of counsellers there is safety.
34) Find a good church and learn about God. This is for our benefit, not God's. Hebrews 10:25a. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
35) God wants to protect us. Psalms 91:10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
36) God wants to provide for us. Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
37) We cannot lose, because Jesus made us overcomers. 1 John 4: 4. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
38) Our prayers are always answered if we are in fellowship with God. 1 John 5: 14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: 15. And if we know that he hear us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
39) When you sin, use the "maintenance scripture" to return to fellowship. 1 John 1: 9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
40) We are a work in process. God has only just started with us. Philippians 1: 6. Being confident of this very thing, that he which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
41) We can do the works of Jesus... Acts 10:38. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
42) And even greater works than Jesus did... John 14: 12. Truly, truly, I say unto you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
43) You won't learn everything all at once. It takes time and study. Isaiah 28: 10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
44) A hard heart rejects the Word of God, just as hard ground rejects seed. Hebrews 4:7b To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
45) There was a war in Heaven. Revelation 12:7a And there was war in heaven:...9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, ...he was cast out into the earth, and his angels....
46) God does not cooperate with Satan in any way. They are enemies. John 10:10. The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
47) Satan's future is certain, and very frightening. Revelation 20: 10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, ...and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
48) Planet earth is temporarily enemy territory, until Jesus returns. Luke 4: 6. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give you, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomever I will I give it.
49) Jesus is coming again...very, very soon. Acts 1:11b. ...this same Jesus, ...shall so come in like manner as you have seen him go into heaven.
50) There is much, much more, and it is all in the Bible: God's gift to you. John 14:6. Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.